This position will report to the Assistant Vice President of Brand Strategy and have oversight and coordination responsibilities with respect to the University of Connecticut’s marketing communication strategies and initiatives.
Works with the academic and administrative leadership of the university to plan and implement integrated and strategic marketing communications programs.
Responsible for oversight of all projects that involve institutional brand management, social media, multimedia and photography, as well as strategic projects that involve print publications, institutional website development and management, and advertising. Oversee a team of approximately 10 professionals, managing workflow, assignments, strategic direction and development, creation and implementation of new initiatives that support the University’s strategic communications needs.
Oversees the implementation of a marketing communications program which utilizes traditional and innovative media to communicate the university’s key messages and enhance the university’s image with targeted constituencies, including alumni, opinion leaders, prospective students and their families, internal constituencies of the university, and the general Connecticut public.
Successful candidate will have solid knowledge of the higher education landscape, be a thought leader and innovator, remain abreast of industry trends including technology solutions such as mobile apps, push marketing campaigns, as well as exceptional organizational, management and interpersonal skills.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years’ experience creating and managing operational and strategic marketing/ communications initiatives targeted to motivate constituencies of a complex institution or organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in marketing campaigns, multimedia, social media and website knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex organization, professional staff, and simultaneously oversee multiple projects and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge of market research/data based decision making.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing innovative communication technologies and solid knowledge of higher education industry.
- Advanced degree.
Preference will be given to resumes received by July 14, 2017.